Monday, November 22, 2010

THE FLAME by Bonnie Gail Carter

I lit a candle tonight then I lit another bright. The flame is strong like my love for you. The wick is like the foundation of my heart. The melted wax surrounds it like feeling your arms around me. As the flame burns you take my breath away. The well of wax sinks deeper like my feelings for you. As the candle changes shape so does our relationship. Over the years we developed a lasting friendship. The flame never goes out.

                                                         SOUL SEARCHING
Emotionally exhausted, drained of all my strength; my weakness of thought pouring out on paper. There's nothing else left but trying to feel alive by forcing my hand wanting to feel but losing it to a surging defeat through out. How deep this depression is to have such dreadful thoughts. Can life be so damnable to take a soul and cast it adrift, to float endlessly, indefinetly never to be calm or tranquil? Where is this soul that once had a home trying to escape to----------or is it soul searching?
By Bonnie Gail Carter at carterbonnie440@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment